Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless anti-malware solution that provides a more efficient way to protect your virtualized infrastructure with greater performance and less impact on virtualization density. The application is easy to deploy and includes advanced management features that simplify a wide range of security tasks across both physical and virtual computing assets.
Many of the traditional, agent-based anti-malware products are not well suited to virtualized environments. Virtualization is all about maximizing the utilization rates for the IT infrastructure - in order to maximize return on investment. However, many agent-based anti-malware products require the antivirus software and signature database to be installed on every virtual machine… which partly defeats the object of virtualization.
• Duplication of antivirus software and signature database - for every virtual machine - reduces virtualization density and reduces return on investment (ROI)
• Duplication of file scanning of the base-line image - reduces overall system performance
• When a dormant virtual machine is activated, it may have an out-of-date signature database or un-patched vulnerabilities
• 'Scanning Storms' - whereby multiple virtual machines are simultaneously running scans - can adversely affect the performance of the host machine… or even cause a crash
• 'Update Storms' - whereby multiple virtual machines simultaneously download antivirus updates - can adversely affect the performance of the host machine… or cause it to crash
Because Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless anti-malware solution, it only has to be installed once on a physical server... in order to protect all virtual machines on that server.
• Higher density virtualization - as there is no duplication of antivirus software and signature database
• Improved performance - from higher efficiency scanning
• Automatic protection for newly configured virtual machines and dormant virtual machines that are activated
• All updates of the anti-malware engine and signature database only need to be performed once per physical server not once per virtual machine… so 'Update Storms' are eliminated
• Intelligent, load-balancing mechanisms help to guard against overload and limit the number of concurrent scans... so 'Scanning Storms' are prevented
Kaspersky’s award-winning anti-malware engine achieves superior detection rates – to help protect your physical and virtualised computing environment from new and increasingly sophisticated threats.
Easy to manage
Kaspersky Security Center – which is available at no additional cost – gives your IT team a single, unified management console that can manage the security of virtual machines, physical machines and mobile devices.
Supporting business progress
By making it easier for your team to manage hybrid environments – including virtualised and conventional platforms – Kaspersky Security for Virtualization helps you to introduce virtualisation at a pace that’s right for your business.
Improved return on investment (ROI)
Because Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless solution, it helps businesses to achieve higher virtualisation density and performance – helping to generate a higher return on investment.
Superior security for virtualised environments
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization has been specifically developed for virtualised IT infrastructure:
• A single, centralised anti-malware solution can protect all virtual machines on a physical server
• Kaspersky’s industry-leading frequency of anti-malware updates helps to minimise vulnerability and protect against new threats
• Powerful remediation capabilities disinfect malware
• The solution provides agentless protection for virtual machines that run on a wide range of Windows operating systems
Reducing costs – by simplifying administration
Advanced management features help to simplify administration tasks and eliminate security gaps:
• Instead of having to install and manage protection on every virtual machine, a single instance of Kaspersky Security for Virtualization can protect all virtual machines on a physical server
• Physical and virtual endpoints are discovered dynamically
• New virtual machines are automatically provided with anti-malware protection – to help eliminate security gaps and misconfigurations
• Administrators can adapt security settings to suit different applications and workloads
Applications inside Kaspersky Security for Virtualization:
View system requirements for each application by clicking on the item in the application list above.
Download a free 30-day trial today.
Our expert Sales Team is ready to answer any questions you may have about our Business Security Products. They can also help you find the right Kaspersky Authorised Reseller to suit your needs.
Our expert Sales Team is ready to answer any questions you may have about our Business Security Products. Request a demo of our solution today!